My journey of becoming the "perfect" wife.
Friday, September 23, 2011
Dining Room Table Set
My parents had given James and I their old dining room table a few months back. We were just starting to look at houses and knew we were needing to get a table. I should kick myself for forgetting to take a before picture of it but it was a nice oak finish, had some stains, scratches, and marks. This was the table that I ate on when i was little, so it had been through a lot. It also came with matching set of six chairs. The cushion on the chairs need some new upholstery. Anyway, so James and i took on the project. We were motivated to get this dining room set fixed up and looking good for the new house. I started sanding the top of the table with this sander I borrowed from my parents. I think this sander may have been older than me. The on button barely worked so I had to press REALLY hard and hold this button down, or it would shut off. My goodness!! After 10 minutes I was already regretting getting started on this project. 3 days and a new sander later, the table and chairs were all sanded, and ready for some staining. By this time we were set on buying a certain house (which is the house I live in now). And the cabinets in the kitchen are a real dark, deep cherry wood. So pretty! I really wanted the table to match. had to do a couple of coats on staining, but well worth it! Then the upholstery... I really couldn't decide on any type of fabric. I walked through stores, shopped online; nothing really looked that appealing to me. Until one night I was walking through Walmart and walked by some clearance stuff and saw some table cloths. I really like the tan plastic cloth with cherries on them. I bought two of them for 5 dollars, and just wanted to see if they would look okay with the table. So I got home, sized up the table cloth and attached them to the chairs. And they looked fantastic! By that time I was so proud of myself! and not to mention that my project was FINALLY over! Thank goodness :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment